Communication officer jobs : LOOM works towards harnessing the collective power of women through multi-generational activism, where activists across ages and experiences connect, organise and transform the structures that obstruct our equality. We are a group of individuals and organisations dedicated to movement building, young women’s leadership, sexuality and bodily integrity, LBTQ rights, and feminist politics of the internet.
The Communication Officer works with the Senior Programme Coordinator under the direction of the Executive Chair to design, implement and provide timely evaluation of new interventions at programme levels. The Officer is responsible towards being engaged to implement activities. These include, hosting workshops/trainings as required, documenting several types of case studies and life stories. The officer designs advocacy strategy on different themes affecting LOOM’s national level partners. The officer also acts as the focal personal in implementing and leading these advocacy efforts including documentation, publication and delegating other tasks as is necessary. The officers must be willing to travel frequently and independently.
Reporting to: Executive Chairperson / Senior Programme Coordinator
Location: Kathmandu based with Frequent field visits to working districts.
Are you passionate about working with and the rights of young people? Do you have ideas to run campaigns, and build innovative ideas that support development of unique ways for local voices to become stronger? Are you effective in working at all levels of the society, and can organise and lead activities on your own?
Terms of Reference
Communication and Documentation: Communication officer jobs
- Maintain website pages, and update it accordingly
- Design LOOM products for its visibility, branding and outreach to collaborators
- Update the social media of LOOM to reach out for change
- Manage social media platforms and update it regularly with relevant articles and posts
- Maintain Content designing and writing on brochures, annual reports, quarterly report and other publications
- Maintain communication database. Support and maintain internal and external communications with project collaborators, implementing agencies, service providers and assist to execute the communications strategy
- Maintain programme documentation including stories and narratives of change makers
- Supporting the supervisor implementing the communications policy, strategy and guidelines
- Assist in conducting awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops, etc. for target groups
- Assist in coordinating communication activities and events of programmes and collaborators
- Develop key advocacy messages with the programme team
- Maintaining and ensuring the organization’s branding clarity and consistency
- Working with translators to translate knowledge and communication
Lead project (As per need and requirement)
- Develop plan of actions and implement accordingly
- Collaborate with specific team member to work on a programme
- Prepare reports, and collective evidences of the efficiency of the programme
- Coordinate with the finance team to prepare the regular financial reports
Required Skills and Knowledge: Communication officer jobs
- An officer applying for the position should have the following skill range in addition to the ones mentioned above.
- Work Experience as member of a communication team in the past in a campaign, organisation or other socially motivated cause
- Understanding of participatory video, production of podcasts/audio content and photography
- Willingness to work with diverse forms of arts/media in advocacy and effective outreach from a participatory approach.
- Participant of the Digital Storytelling Workshop of LOOM will be an additional advantage
- Minimum two years to four years of working experience in development work, law, Communications/Media/ Fine Arts, women’s rights, sexuality gender and technology following a Bachelor’s degree in similar subjects
- Advanced skills working with basic computer applications and familiarity with all principal online platforms for institutional use
- Excellent command in both Nepali and English language. Must be able to type in Nepali. Knowledge of another local language will be an asset. Must be able to type in Nepali or be able to perform within a month
- Good skills in working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Word press and social media content management
Submission: Communication officer jobs
- Please submit a recently updated CV with recent work experiences mentioned first together with a one-liner statement best defining your personal capacity
- Names of two professional; referees with whom we can communicate regarding your prospect. Provide emails and proper contacts of reference persons
- Also provide a scan copy of your Citizenship or Passport for confirmation of national identity, and copy of your PAN Card. All the documents must be submitted as a .pdf file format
- Submit Sample of written work minimum 500 words – One each in English and Nepali
- Submit 2 minute video that illustrates your leadership and love for activism. Use a mobile camera. Don’t worry about perfection. Language is not an issue
- Should provide evidence of proof regarding knowledge with technical software’s though certificate, showcasing work samples or by preparing a portfolio
Instruction for application: Please send your CV and cover letter and other related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with position title on the subject no later than THURSDAY, 15 July 2021 by 5:00 P.M.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is open for all gender.
Note: To apply, please follow above instructions.