Community Family Welfare Association (CFWA) is a pioneer organization working in the area of Child Protection, Education, Health, Livelihood, Social Protection, Nutrition and Good Governance. Community Family Welfare Association (CFWA) is one of the leading Terai based NGOs, led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1996. CFWA has been engaged in implementing and developing programs aimed for protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights and women rights in Nepal.
Currently Community Family Welfare Association (CFWA) with the support from Save the Children, is implementing two program/project (Sponsorship and Child Sensitive Social Protection) in Bardibas and Gaushala Municipalities of Mahottari District. The overall objectives of the program/project are to contribute in the development so that all children in the impact area are healthy and educated and become nurturing caregivers and positive contributors to society and to reduce Child Poverty in Mahottari District in Nepal.
CFWA hereby invites applications for the below mentioned positions from interested Nepalese candidates.
1. MEAL Officer: – (1) one
The position is based in Bardibas Municipality of Mahottari district with frequent field visit in the working palikas and will report directly to Project Coordinator, and will be focal point of the overall MEAL system of the project.
- Manage overall Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning of project/program.
- Develop the M&E framework and plan for the project to measure the outcomes against goals and indicators throughout the project period in consultation with Project Coordinator.
- Develop data collection, analysis, and presentation techniques and tools, and administer as per plan.
- Facilitate and support in planning and conducting surveys, monitoring, progress review, and evaluation of the project.
- Facilitate the project team in target setting, periodic reporting, database management, and developing MEAL plan and its effective implementation.
- Follow and ensure execution of MEAL plan and report progress against it.
- Prepare data report and support to the Project Coordinator for developing and finalizing reports and required documentation.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as participation, gender, social inclusion are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability.
- Assist to the project team in the development of TOR for external surveys and consultant hiring process.
- The review all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
- Generate case stories and other brief updates as required by the project.
- Conduct periodic field visits and ensure the quality implementation.
- Support in other tasks as per requirement of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, development study or related subject with at least three years of progressive experience in project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning preferably with I/NGOs.
- Experienced in database management, MS Office and other data analysis programming like OPMIS.
- Competent in development and administering of data collection, management and presentation tools, using KOBO and other relevant data collection mobile applications.
- Strong report writing, documentation and presentation and communication skill in English and Nepali
- Open and believes in teamwork.
- Familiarity with the Maithali languages would be of added value.
- 2-wheeler driving license holder must.
2. Program Supervisor (Education) : – (1) One
The position is responsible for providing technical back stopping support to the schools & ECCD centers and also responsible to build capacity of school & ECCD concern stakeholders for operate the school & ECCD with quality results. The Program Supervisor is responsible for overall technical support to Basic Education- BE theme. Schools will in target areas for effective, efficient and qualitative implementation. In overall, S/he will play a catalytic role between Sponsorship program, CFWA.
- Support in classroom activities;
- Educational workshop facilitation and support to develop learning materials and its use.
- Technical support visit in the schools
- Demonstrate model session during visit
- Support to manage learning environment properly and demo session for using of learning methods.
- Ensure best utilization of supported materials in the schools.
- On the spot coaching to ECCD facilitators & class teachers in properly use and display of learning materials
- Ensure and support to follow daily schedule to the ECCD facilitators & class teachers.
- Visit at least 10 schools with fulltime observation in monthly basis
- Organize small meeting with surrounding teachers and conduct demo session.
- Community Mobilization:
- Visit community and conduct meeting (formal/informal) with parents.
- Demonstrate model session of educational sessions
- Technical support visit for quality implementation of different sessions.
- Share ideas to teachers to increase parents in formal/informal sessions and visit schools.
- Take lead and mobilize community, school family & students for quality education & education related campaigns.
- Capacity Building:
- Organize and facilitate training to teachers
- Develop capacity building plan for ECCD facilitators, teachers, Parents and management committee
- Organize post training support.
- Support to ECDD facilitators, teachers and management committee in data keeping and ensure the data update,
- Prepare monthly work plan jointly with Community Mobilizers and approved by line manager.
- Support to collect and document good practices related with ECCD/BE programs.
- Coordinate with other core program and support if require.
- Contribute to make good working environment among team (team work)
- Work with 70 percentage in field and 30 percentage in office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field.
- At least 2 years of working experience in Education projects. Preferred experience in ECCD.
- Maintain effective working relationship within a multi-cultural environment.
- With expertise in MS Office and Power Point.
- Strong training, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills.
- Strong community mobilization skills.
- Proven experience in the local resource mobilization and partnership at the local level.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadline.
- Open and believes in teamwork.
- Familiarity with the Maithali languages would add value.
- 2-wheeler driving license holder must.
Other Attributes for both positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 18 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Ensure obedience to CFWA’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, CFWA’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding-Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Standards and Procedure. As well as, immediate reporting and response of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV as well as two references by 7 days (22nd April 2021), via email at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.
CFWA reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.