Finance Specialist Budgeting Reporting
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
ROLE PURPOSE : Finance Specialist Budgeting Reporting
The Finance Specialist budgeting is responsible to support the team for accurate annual budget preparation & consolidation, quarterly forecast consolidation, analysis of budget ratios in annual budgeting process and it’s modification. Support to finance manager budgeting and reporting for timely and correctly preparation of financial report, Financial Analyses, quarterly forecast budget preparation, cash flow forecast, balance sheet preparation and Project outline review etc.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
- The Finance Specialist – Budgeting & Reporting will coordinate with the finance and program team during annual budgeting and consolidating process by ensuring all direct, shared direct and apportion cost of the CO and area office.
- The position needs to manage and capacitate CO and Field office finance team for annual budgeting procedure.
- The position is responsible for review of of the annual budget of Euro 9-10 million for Plan International Nepal and its analysis for direct, shared direct and apportion costs.
Budget accountability: N/A
Reports to: Finance Manager Budgeting and Reporting
Annual budget preparation and Consolidation
- Collects annual project budget from the all department head and ensure correctness.
- Calculate the offline cost ratio of shared direct and apportion costs and incorporate the annual budget template.
- Consolidate accurate annual budget package in line with budget instruction.
- Review accurate Country office annual budget with the consultation of all stakeholders and program colleagues as per budget instruction.
- Ensure fully costed project budget by processing shared direct, PU running cost and Apportion cost.
- Review the CO and PU budget and provide necessary feedback within the due date.
- Ensure accurate GL account and output codes in the budget package.
- Review & consolidate quarterly forecast budget of CO and regional offices within the due date in coordination with the project manager, Field finance coordinators, and country program team for review of CFD and approval from CD.
- Review project outlines in SAP specially sponsorship funded projects
- Ensure budget set ups and WBS linkage with Funded Program in SAP Finance Module
Preparation and review of the financial report : Finance Specialist Budgeting Reporting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and report and submit to respective managers.
- Prepare monthly financial Analysis report to the CMT of the organization for their review and necessary actions.
- Review monthly staffs’ payroll, separation payment of staff, and assign correct charging lines for booking.
- Prepare budgets and periodic reports for Social welfare council based on Project agreement in coordination with project team.
- Provide input to complete the financial informationin the Quarterly KPI report.
Facilitate for month-end and year-end process in the system
- Provide support during the monthly and year-end closing.
- Prepare supplementory schedule in the quarterly reports.
- Review accrual’s for holiday pay and post employment benefits and ensure necessary accrual in the system.Facilitation during audits
- Prepare financial statements for audit.
- Complete all relevant documents. required by the audit
- Coordinate with regional offices supporting documents as required.
- Provide support to complete the action plan as a result of the audit.Prepare quality corporate reports
- Prepare/review accurate monthly financial analysis report on a timley basis.
- Review and instruct for accruals booking at year-end as per policy.
- Review accurate year-end (C forms) reports of the COs within due date as per year-end and instruction from glocal/ regional Hub.
- Review Dedicated Bank Balance report for Grants on a monthly basis . Undertake Corporate Responsibility
- Respect organizational values and comply with all Plan Nepal Policies and standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all critical and sensitive information of the organisation
- Assist with the establishment, revisions, and maintenance of Plan Nepal’s procedures and policies
- Undertake any assigned responsibility as required.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, accounting/finance or a related field with 2-3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience of 3-4 years of experience
- Demonstrated experiences in Budgeting and reporting field
- Strong knowledge and understanding on budgeting control, and reporting principle
- Knowledge of financial management issues
- Knowledge on relevant Laws, acts and regulations of the country.
- Knowledge of SAP System is highly desirable
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and risk management techniques and the reporting requirements of major international donors
- Sound knowledge in Internal control system
- Budget development and spreadsheet maintenance
- Financial reporting analysis, initiative and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize, work independently, understand and apply policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English and Nepali language
- Strong computer skills – e-mail, windows, word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint
- Interpersonal skill, training and coaching skills
- Analytical thinking along with the ability to question the logic of information
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- Based in Country Office
- Work with multi-cultural and multi-lingual staff/team members
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
- Low contact: Occasional interaction with children.
Application Deadline: Friday, 19th of August 2022
For Registered Candidate:
Login to https://p2p.com.np/ with your username and password, click on the job you want to apply for and press “APPLY” that appears on the selected job page.