Hamro Palo (Our Turn) is a non-government organization established in early 2016. Before the registration, Hamro Palo had been running Her Turn workshops in schools in remote and rural villages of Gorkha and Sindhupalchok districts under fiscal sponsorship of like-minded organizations. “When there are any difficulties in school, we hold our GSC meeting where we can share our problems and try to find solutions.” GSC Member from Sindhupalchowk. Hamro Palo (Our Turn) is seeking a qualified individual to lead its communication and documentation department showcasing work with adolescents, women, education, and the health sector.
MISSION & VISION
Hamro Palo’s mission is to empower adolescent girls, boys and women and equip them with skills and knowledge that allow them to create their own safe and healthy futures. We do so by delivering culturally sensitive services that advance adolescents’ health, safety, confidence, and leadership skills.
We envision Nepali girls having access to education and information and having an equal say in their schools, in their families, in their communities, and in their country. We want girls to live in the world where they realize their potential as community members and change makers.
When there are any difficulties in school, we hold our GSC meeting where we can share our problems and try to find solutions.
GSC Member from Sindhupalchowk
Job Title: Communication Coordinator
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly update Hamro Palo’s digital platform like website and social media in coordination with Program Team.
- Daily Social Media Management ( LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Lead/Facilitate online meetings with various stakeholders in coordination with the Program team
- Develop organizational visibility and communication outreach plan
- Field Visits as and when required.
- Write success/failure stories for Hamro Palo’s publications such as Monthly and Annual Newsletter
- Write blog posts on various issues related to Hamro Palo’s work.
- Develop issue-based campaign and advocacy materials as and when required
- Sound understanding of nonprofit communications to various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with excellent content development skills including editing/proofreading.
- Strong designing and editing skills with a proven track record of creating and editing traditional and social media content.
- Ability to engage the audience in various social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both in English and Nepali language.
- Ability to adapt to changes and make quick decisions.
- Masters degree related to Mass Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or Media or any relevant area.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in communication (esp. website management, content development, designing, editing, and social media) role, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in using WordPress and other digital applications and tools.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume including details of two referee to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, 15 June 2021.
- Your email should serve as a cover letter.
- Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line.
Hamro Palo (Our Turn) is an equal opportunity employer.