Job Vacancy in ICJ Nepal : the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) is a global network of judges and lawyers united in affirming international law and rule of law principles that advance human rights. Since 1952, the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) has performed a unique and prominent role as a nongovernmental organization defending human rights and the rule of law worldwide. With its Headquarters based in Geneva, ICJ operates on the ground in Africa, Latin America, Asia & the Pacific, Europe & Central Asia, and the Middle East.
The ICJ is seeking to recruit a Programme Manager who will assist in the implementation of the ICJ’s programmes in South Asia. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management and administration, including work plan development, implementation and monitoring, reporting and budgeting involving human rights or justice sector-related projects.
Description : Job Vacancy in ICJ Nepal
The Programme Manager will be part of an Operations team supervised by the Deputy Regional Director – Asia and Pacific. The Programme Manager will work closely with members of the Operations team based at the Regional Office in Bangkok and at the ICJ’s office in Nepal.
- Develop and monitor implementation the ICJ’s project work plans and adjusting it when needed;
- Ensure usage of programme management tools (including M&E) so that project outputs are achieved in a timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and the ICJ’s organizational policies and guidelines;
- Managing administrative and logistical aspects of the project, in coordination with the national and regional team;
- Coordinate all financial aspects of the project including management of budgets, tracking expenditure and financial reporting with the
- International Finance Officer/Financial Controller for the Asia region based at the ICJ’s Regional Office;
- Coordinate all human resource aspects of the project with the Regional Grants Officerbased at the ICJ’s Regional Office;
- Prepare narrative reports for internal and external use and ensuring the accuracy between narrative and financial reports and submit them for review to the Regional Office Operations Team;
- Assisting the Regional Office Operations Team and Donor Relations Team (DOT) in drafting fundraising proposals in accordance with a range of donor formats and in coordination with the national and regional team;
- Actively participate in the consolidation of programme management within the ICJ through the programme managers quarterly meetings and the annual face to face;
- Support the legal and financial teams to ensure that teams receive appropriate and timely technical substantive advice as well as logistic assistance to enhance full compliance with the donor contractual requirements in programme implementation;
- Developing and maintaining appropriate communication and information flow regarding the project within ICJ, in the region, with Geneva and other offices and staff;
- Contributing to the implementation of activities in South Asia (reports, workshops, public presentations, press statements);
- Assist with other ICJ activities in South Asia at the request of the Asia-Pacific Deputy Regional Director and the Regional Director.
QUALIFICATIONS : Job Vacancy in ICJ Nepal
The successful candidate will have:
Education and experience
- A degree in development, management or human rights;
- Further academic studies in management, law or international relations highly desirable;
- Knowledge of legal and human rights issues, including international law, independence of the judiciary and access to justice is desirable;
- A minimum of 4 years experience in project management and administration, including work plan development, implementation and monitoring, reporting and budgeting involving human rights or justice sector-related projects;
- Experience working in South Asia is highly desirable;
- Experience in working on European and US funded projects desirable;
Language and computer skills:
- Fluent in English and other South Asian languages an advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
Other competencies: Job Vacancy in ICJ Nepal
- Excellent management skills and ability to develop and maintain a programme;
- Demonstrated analytic and writing ability including substantial proposal and report- writing experience as well as budget and log frame development;
- Excellent political knowledge and judgment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a multi- cultural team;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to adjust priorities flexibly in response to external events;
- Willingness to travel in Nepal; and
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and social justice.
The ICJ is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive salary package.
APPLICATIONS: Job Vacancy in ICJ Nepal
The deadline for applications is on 18 June 2021. Applications must be addressed with your resume, a cover letter, and names of at least three references to:
- Ref: Programme Manager-South Asia
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please appreciate that due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The ICJ is unable to respond to phone enquiries.
The ICJ is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and value a diverse workforce. The ICJ’s policy is to practice a fair and non-discriminatory recruitment and selection procedure and to strive for and maintain international and multi-cultural personnel. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.