DAI Nepal announced the job vacancy of Operations Specialist for USAID’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project. DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project is strengthening the capacity of Nepal’s national and subnational institutions responsible for disaster risk reduction, preparedness, and response. At the national level Tayar Nepal supports building the capacity of disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) institutions such as National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Authority (NDRRMA), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), Ministry of Federal Affairs & General Administration (MoFAGA) and others. Locally, Tayar Nepal works in target municipalities to enhance local DRRM capacity by working with existing and new local governments and communities to identify and implement successful inclusive DRRM initiatives which are consistent with national level laws, policies, strategies, and guidelines. In the event of a disaster, USAID/Nepal may engage the project’s rapid emergency response mechanism. The program will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction and management interventions.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Operations Specialist will assist office operations include organize regular staff meetings, manage events (technical meetings, workshops, events etc.), facilitate expat visa process, ensure event calendar are kept up to date, and assist other logistic & administrative needs.
- Acts as an event manager and work closely with technical team and procurement team to manage project related event (workshops, meeting, training, etc.) include develop the plan, coordinate logistics, events materials, invitations, etc.
- Manages project inventory include recording, distributing, and update / audit.
- Develops and maintains all operations-related contractual agreements/ purchase order, such as leases, service agreements, and transportation service agreements; ensure all agreements are up-to-date, thoroughly documented, and active.
- Maintains event calendar and contacts of external stakeholders (e.g. other diplomatic missions, international development agencies, offices of the Government of Nepal, etc.)
- Supports for liaise with office building management and facilitate lease negotiations between expatriate staff and prospective landlords.
- Manages visa requirement for expatriate, vehicle registration/renewal and phone registrations
- Manages office facilities include system operation procedure, maintenance, use log, etc.
- Assists HR Manager on recruitment process as required
- Other duties assigned by supervisor, HR Manager, Director of Operations, and Chief of Party
The Operations Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent in a relevant field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ demonstrated experience in a related role required.
- Relevant experience working on USAID contract in a related role highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Fluent English required.
Level of Effort/Timeline
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project on July 31, 2024. Operations Specialist will be based in Kathmandu, with frequent travel to priority Tayar’s eight selected municipalities and occasional travel to other parts of Nepal
Interested applicants should submit an updated CV to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by May 28, 2021.
Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.