Child Development Society (CDS) Nepal announces the job vacancy for program officer. You can find here Program Officer Job and Program Officer Job Description in this jobs notice.
Child Development Society (CDS) Nepal
Child Development Society (CDS) Nepal is a humanitarian & development organization dedicated to improving socio-economic development, humanitarian action DRR, child rights and child rights governance, improve children’s wellbeing and livelihood improvement since 1999 in Udayapur. CDS Nepal has developed its expertise in these sectors through implementing a successful project funded by different I/NGO and donor agency.
CDS Nepal, Udayapur is going to implement Child Sensitive Livelihood and Social Protection Project (CLSP-II) extended phase in partnership with Save the Children inside the Katari municipality and Udayapur Gadhi Rural municipality of Udayapur district. We are looking for qualified, dynamic and motivated Nepalese candidates for the following positions.
Program officer (Marketing)- 1 (Base- in Udayapur) Program Officer Job:
Program Officer Job:The position holder is to provide innovative and strategic expertise on market system development throughout CLSP projects for sustainable agriculture development. S/he will establish in line with the need for a strong linkage development with producer and traders response for effective and efficient marketing management within and outside of project. She/He will ensure to implement field activity with quality to achieve the results. S/he will be responsible to strengthen Nepal government’s provisioned social protection activities and Child Endowment Fund(CEF).
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in management, social sciences (or equivalent) with at least three years working experience in 3 years’ professional work experience in the field of market system development and private sector engagement in the agriculture sector. Applicants must be able to handle office package (Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, email/internet) and working experience in Data Management and documentation
Program Officer Job Description Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide technical support for the design and implementation of activities using a market systems development approach in coordination with collection centre management committee to drive and deliver the outcomes of CLSP project.
- Lead diagnostics and assessments to evaluate market opportunities, identify potential traders, and design market channel.
- Identify capacity gaps across collection centre (i.e. in the supply chain, business operations, finance, etc.), and facilitate capacity building plans and access to training services.
- Liaise closely with financial institutions and identify the bank and non-bank finance institutions for the smallholder farmers and small and medium agribusinesses to expand their output/services and networks.
- Work with the farmers’ groups (mainly women) to assess entrepreneurial opportunity within the agri-value chain, engage them to establish agri-based enterprises based on the market assessment and demand.
- Support micro and small enterprises to forge productive alliances with other actors in the value chain; facilitate market integration.
- Build capacity of technical and other project staff, partners, and stakeholders to foster market system upgrading.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their current CV and application letter to the email address email@example.com please insert the Email address) addressing to The Human Resource Department, Child Development Society(CDS) Nepal or submit the hard copy to Child Development Society(CDS) Nepal Udayapur, Triyuga Municipality by 7 April 2022, 5 pm. GESI groups include females, Dalit, other indigenous/minorities and Local able are highly encouraged are highly encouraged to apply. Please indicate the position title while applying application. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.