Save the Children Nepal job: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The Senior Technical Coordinator stationed at each province will provide technical leadership and co-ordination for Global Fund programs (HIV, TB, and Malaria) being implemented in respective provinces, in alignment with guidance from Technical Advisor of each disease component stationed at the country office. S/he will technically lead implementation and monitoring of the GF programs in respective province to ensure quality service delivery and capacitate service providers, provincial thematic team related to Global Fund program to contribute to achieve programmatic goals in accordance with standard national protocols, guidelines, and procedures. S/he will work closely with province SCI thematic team and province to support to government focal persons to assess technical gaps and enhance technical competencies to deliver quality deliverables at Service Delivery Points (SDPs) and Sub- recipients (SRs) level. S/he will provide technical input in program planning, budgeting, implementation of red-book budgets of Provincial government and provide guidance to prepare program implementation guidelines and other protocol fully aligned with national strategy for HIV, TB, and Malaria program. Sr. Technical Coordinator will represent SCI/GF in the respective province as technical person and member of provincial technical working group for promoting its programs and contributing to SCI/GF’s reputation of excellence in program delivery and oversight. S/he will also support technical lead at the country office in development of technical documents (strategies, guidelines, SOPs), conducting disease surveillances, ensuring quality assurance of HIV, TB and Malaria services, and development of proposals and target settings.
Key Responsibilities : Save the Children Nepal job
- Technical Support and Quality Assurance
- Provide technical expertise in HIV, TB and Malaria and related system strengthening and human resource capacity building.
- Ensure that vision and plans for program development are innovative and in line with the National
- Strategies/Plan, Save the Children country program strategies and are fully communicated throughout the project.
- Provide leadership in assessing and improving methodology and internal work processes to ensure flexibility and responsiveness to the needs of targeted populations, as well as the achievement of programmatic objectives.
- Oversee technical reviews, including outside evaluations if any, and manage indicated changes in program direction and focus
- Technically support the GF team of Save the Children to ensure that the service delivered follows the national guideline and protocols with full understanding and respecting the health and human rights of key populations.
- Coordinate and assess for technical gaps in GF programs of respective province, with the program team of SCI/CO, its Sub Recipients (SRs) and Government Service Delivery Points (SDPs) to assess program strategies, programs and results to ensure program quality, effective implementation and efficient utilization of resources.
- Develop modalities that ensure quality assurance services delivered at all levels of program design and implementation.
- Provide technical support and develop capacity of local health workers and provincial technical task team working for TB, HIV and Malaria program
- Create innovations in implementing approach when and as required under HIV, TB and Malaria Program.
- Technically support in preparation of annual training plan and conduct technical training, research and situation assessments as necessary to support program development.
- •Technically support the M&E team in preparation of and orientation on the use of monitoring checklists and other R&R tools to program team and service providers.
- Provide onsite technical support to province thematic team and support Senior Project Manager to make strategic actions and maintain program quality in the province as well as provincial government under MOSD.
- Roll out updated protocol/guideline through the program team with its quality standards and follow up mechanism.
- Technically support PSM team in forecasting and quantification of pharmaceuticals and health commodities for GF programs
- Provide technical inputs in health-related policies, procedures and protocols developing by Province and ensure TB, HIV and Malaria program gaps and priorities are addressed by the documents.
- Maintain good relationship with government and other external development partners related to technical aspect and providing them technical guidance and oversight to ensure optimal participation in the project.
Planning and Policy Development : Save the Children Nepal job
- Support Technical Advisors at SCI/CO to provide technical visionary, strategic and policy direction to GF team ensuring the program implemented are up to the national technical standards and complimenting the National strategic plan of TB, HIV and Malaria.
- Provide technical support to province government for planning of activities related to TB, HIV and Malaria under unconditional source of budget.
- Support to local government to make strategic documents , policies and road maps to be used for their budget allocation plan on TB , HIV and Malaria
- Support to thematic team members of TB, HIV and Malaria for SR planning and prepare Program Implementation Guideline (PIG) for quality implementation.
- Support Save the Children dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children
Occasional Significant Duties
- Prepare and timely submit technical review report, annual and semi-annual
- Lead and support to carry out short assessment and survey in standard to assess the project quality
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health/MD in Community Medicine with MBBS
- At least 3 years of experience in the Public Health Program. Preference will be given to person with prior experience on SCI programs.
- Excellent understanding of Key Populations affected by HIV, TB, and Malaria.
- Good understanding of TB, HIV and Malaria Program
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Advanced level oral and written English proficiency
Required No.(s): 7
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Province 1, 2, Bagmati Province, Gandaki Province, Lumbini Province, Karnali Province and Sudurpashchim Province
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application Information : Save the Children Nepal job
- Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 23, 2021