Room to Read announce the job vacancy for the post of Manager-Research Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E). The Manager reports to the Country Director, Room to Read Nepal and is a part of the Nepal Country Management Team (CMT). The Manager is based in Kathmandu and requires frequent travel to field office and project sites within different parts of Room to Read Nepal and occasional international travel.
Duties & Responsibilities: Design and Implementation of RM&E Activities (60% of the effort)
- Oversee implementation of data collection activities conducted as part of the evaluation of RTR Nepal’s Literacy Program and Girl’s Education Program in accordance with RTR’s protocols and best practices in the field.
- Provide technical assistance on the development and adaptation of instruments/ assessments to be used in support of RM&E projects in Nepal.
- Develop research proposals and designs specific to RTR Nepal’s portfolio and context.
- Lead the analysis and reporting of Project Implementation Monitoring data (PIM), collaborate with Country Office leadership and Program Teams to reflect on PIM findings, and incorporate lessons learned into the project design and implementation in Nepal.
- Conduct regular visits to the field offices and project sites to ensure compliance with implementation monitoring and other data collection activities and collaborate with Operations and Program colleagues to remediate issues.
- Ensure high quality collection and reporting of RTR’s Global Indicator (GI) data and coordinate GI reflection with Country Office and Global Office colleagues.
- Support data collection for program expansion related activities including contextualization of Global Office guidelines and support capacity building of RM&E related activities for Nepal Country Office, field staffs, partners and consultants such as data collector (enumerators and supervisors).
- Provide input into donor reporting with a focus on learning and evaluation results.
- Lead evaluation result review process with Program colleagues to identify improvements in program design and implementation.
- Collaborate with Global RM&E team members (especially the Asia Regional RM&E Manager based in Delhi) to enhance global RM&E products and guidance.
Team Leadership and Capacity Building (25% of the effort)
- Ensure the Nepal CO has the staff and technical capacity to implement required activities.
- Build capacity of RM&E staff to implement high quality data collection and relevant analysis of implementation monitoring data.
- As needed, develop Terms of Reference for consultants, data collection firms or individual data collectors and manage execution of activities.
- In collaboration with team members, develop goals and professional development plans to advance organizational goals and individual professional expertise.
Thought leadership (15% of the effort)
- Stay informed about research, evaluation and measurement methods in RTR program areas and translate that knowledge into improved practices for the RTR Nepal CO.
- Facilitate the dissemination of monitoring, evaluation and research reports/ findings to Nepal CO staff.
- Represent RTR and facilitate dissemination of RTR’s RM&E works and results to various external stakeholders including government officials, academia, funders, and other local partners.
- Identify partnership opportunities in Nepal aligned with RTR’s Strategic Plan to improve visibility and recognition of the organization’s capability in thought-leadership.
- Masters or advanced degree in social sciences or relevant field.
- At least 10 years of post-education relevant experience in the development sector or international development in line with the duties and responsibilities outlined above.
- Strong technical competence in research, monitoring and evaluation theories, methods and their practical application in the field.
- Prior experience in implementing and overseeing large scale data collection activities and monitoring processes.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data analysis software packages such as Stata/ SPSS/ SAS.
- Strong planning, team building, leadership, supervision and capacity building skills.
- Ability to take own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel frequently within Nepal (including remote and hard to reach project sites) and occasional international travel.
- Knowledge and prior experience in qualitative analysis theories and methods.
- Prior experience/ exposure to sectors similar to RTR program focus areas (early grade literacy, adolescent education, life skills, etc.)
- Prior experience in working with schools, teacher, administrators, and government officials.
- Conversant with remote working culture using web-applications (Skype, Microsoft Team, etc.)
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, candidate need to:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact lives of children through education.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Room to Read, Nepal – Main – Lalitpur
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled