Project Coordinator Job in Save the Children: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
Save the Children is implementing the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) an innovative award funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in host-countries around the world. The project focuses on technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to ministries of health and other country partners to improve outcomes in maternal, new-borns, and child mortality and morbidity at scale. The project also contributes to global technical leadership, learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue to achieve global maternal, new-borns, and child health; voluntary family planning; and reproductive health (MNCH/FP/RH) goals by supporting globally endorsed initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans. In Nepal, MCGL is implemented to support limited activities related to Maternal and perinatal death surveillance and response, Comprehensive services for small and sick new-borns, Implement Quality of Care metrics.
The postholder will be based the SC Field Office in Province 1 and Province 2. S/he is responsible for implementing all activities related to Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response (MPDSR) of the MCGL project in assigned Province. The MPDSR coordinator will be responsible to establish a system of continuous surveillance that promotes routine identification and notification of maternal and perinatal deaths. The coordinator will help establish the quantification and determination of the causes and the ways to avoid maternal and perinatal deaths and thus provide better information for action. The coordinator will liaison with the provincial government to monitor the hospital facilities selected for monitoring and reviewing the maternal deaths. The coordinator will be responsible to work closely with the provincial health directorate and the selected hospitals. The coordinator will work with the guidance of the MCGL project manager and Family Welfare Division at the federal level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Project Coordinator Job in Save the Children
Technical responsibilities (implementation and data management) (70%)
- Coordinate and Implement activities according to the MPDSR National Steering Committee
- Coordinate and facilitate processes to report MPDSR activities up to national level
- Support to establish the MPDSR committee at provincial level and build their capacity on the guideline of MPDSR
- Build capacity of managers and frontline health workers on MPDSR of selected facilities in the province
- Conduct sensitization of key stakeholders (health and non-health) on the revised MPDSR Guidelines
- Support the provincial MPDSR committee in monitoring the notification of maternal and perinatal death at hospitals and community
- Conduct On-site support for review, cause assignment and response of maternal and perinatal deaths
- Support hospitals to implement and follow up on action plans based on the review with the provision of some funds for innovative action plans
- Conduct periodic review of deaths at district and provincial levels
- Provide Capacity building and support for online reporting in MPDSR web-based system
- Provide support to Manager and other team members to accomplish activities as outlined in the workplan and budget
- Provide strong input for donor reporting, documentation and MnE
- Provide evidence, learnings and case stories to be captured as part of MCGL broader plan
Managerial responsibilities (20%): Project Coordinator Job in Save the Children
- Support the Manager to prepare detailed implementation plan and budget (programmatic and financial) in line with the approved project documents
- Support the Manager to oversee day-to-day operations and management of activities for each of the project components-ensuring coordination between the stakeholders
- Maintain regular communication with MCGL manager for both the technical as well as operational aspects of the project
- Maintain communication with line manager and other members of the project team
- Ensure timely planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and documentation/reporting of the project activities
Additional responsibilities (10%)
- Provide technical inputs on maternal health issues to the Health and Nutrition theme as per necessary and requirement
- Represent research program at national and international level, as and when required
- Support Health and Nutrition team for smooth operation and quality results as and when required
- Update SC CO, H&N theme, government counterparts and EDPs about the project progress, challenges, way forward and sustainability approaches of the key achievements
Support Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well humanitarian response for children and communities
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Participate in strategic planning process
- Work as team member in an emergency situation
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH)
- At least three years of progressive work experience in health projects in INGO/Bilateral/Multilateral agencies (2 years for GSI group).
- Experience in new-born health will be an asset
- Proactive and has ability to work independently
- Sound computer skills on Microsoft office and another basic computer software
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure
- Proficiency in oral and writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Experience in working on USG funded programs highly desirable
- Reliable, trustworthy and committed
- Report Writing
- Advocacy & Lobbying
- Representation and negotiation
- Analytical skill, collaboration
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Research & Survey
Required No. (s): 2
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Province 1 and 2.
The Organisation : Project Coordinator Job in Save the Children
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
: Fixed Term
: Jun 23, 2021