Save the Children jobs Nepal: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Rights and Governance and Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian.
The postholder is responsible to carry out documentation and M&E activities to the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project in country. S/he will be expected to lead the learning agenda with support from MCGL manager and Sr Manager H&N. S/he will also be expected to lead the M&E analysis of the data collected in all components of MCGL including developing the MCGL MEL plan. The MCGL project has multiple activities that includes strengthening the country’s capacity to operationalize services for small sick new borns (SNB), support for quality of care and quality improvement measures to improve post-natal care and small sick new-borns and strengthen the development and implementation of maternal and perinatal dearth surveillance and response systems. All activities of MCGL project will be implemented in collaboration and partnership with Government and Non-Government Organizations. S/he will work closely with the MCGL Manager and other team members to accomplish activities outlined in the workplan and budget, continuously monitor through data and report on progress.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Save the Children jobs Nepal
Technical responsibilities (Documentation and data management) (50%)
- Lead M&E and documentation activities in the MCGL project funded by USAID to strengthen the country’s capacity to operationalize and deliver comprehensive services for SSNB and QoC
- Work with government line agencies and National Health Research Council (NHRC) for for data management, ethical approvals and MEL plan
- Work closely with MCGL Manager, member country MCGL teams and USAID mission for MEL plan abd documentation plan
- Lead data management, analysis and reporting of all data collected in the project
- Develop a plan on data collections, management, and analysis of all data in the project and collect data accordingly
- Provide support to Manager and other team members to accomplish activities as outlined in the workplan and budget
- Manage data related to the project activities and continuously report on the progress of the project activities and discuss challenges with line manager and project team
- Analyse the data and information related to the activities for use as dissemination and advocacy materials
- Support the team members in helping to manage collaboration, learning and adaptation methodologies and defining and documenting the learning agenda for Save the Children
- Lead to bring out periodic documentation materials on evidence, learnings and data collected through MCGL project
- Produce case stories periodically to be shared with donors, members and other stakeholders including government
- Produce materials for external and internal audiences on project activities and research papers for dissemination and advocacy
- Coordinate with bilateral SSBH activity team members jointly to perform task on data as an when necessary
- Ensure database are stored safely in national and SCI repository
- Consolidate databases from all Field Offices, provide a brief analysis and convert that into learning for program improvement
Managerial responsibilities (15%) : Save the Children jobs Nepal
- Support the Manager to manage the project budget (programmatic and financial) in line with the approved project documents
- Support the Manager to oversee day-to-day operations and management of activities for each of the project components-ensuring coordination between the stakeholders
- Maintain regular communication with MCGL Manager and Sr Program Manager H&N for both the technical as well as operational aspects of the project
- Maintain communication with line manager and project team
- Ensure timely planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and documentation/reporting of the project activities
- Share periodic leanings with among SCI staff including Health advisor, Sr Manager H&N, Government stakeholders, member countries and USAID mission
- Provide support to track and monitor the financial expenditure regularly and ensure adequate burn rate of the project funds with support from finance department and awards team
Documentation, reporting, research, and learning (25%)
- Provide technical inputs on methodology for any assessments that might be required as per the project.
- Review tools and questionnaires and provide quality input to improve data collection and learning
- Support to prepare draft of all donor reports required by Save the Children are produced on time and are of a consistently high quality
- Organize learning and knowledge sharing events as necessary
- Take lead in program progress documentation, evaluation and research and dissemination of achievements and lessons learned with wider stakeholders
Additional responsibilities (10%)
- Provide technical inputs in ongoing surveys, operational research under Health and Nutrition theme as per necessary and requirement
- Represent research program at national and international level, as and when required
- Support Health and Nutrition team for smooth operation and quality results as and when required
- Update SC CO, H&N theme, government counterparts and EDPs about the project progress, challenges, way forward and sustainability approaches of the key achievements
- Work with MEAL team closely to bring out the best in your work in MCGL and other H&N activities
- Support Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well as humanitarian response for children and communities.
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Participate in strategic planning process
- Work as team member in an emergency situation
Qualifications and experience
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- At least three years of progressive work experience in health projects in M&E, Capacity in INGO/Bilateral/Multilateral agencies (3 years for GSI group).
- Experience in Research ethics, proposals and implementation will be preferred
- Familiarity, or past experience, with working on Maternal New-born Health and Quality Improvement
- Proactive and has ability to work independently
- Sound computer skills on word processing, spreadsheet, power-point, and other basic computer software for research analysis (SPSS, STATA etc)
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure
- Proficiency in oral and writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Experience in working on USG funded programs highly desirable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application Information : Save the Children jobs Nepal
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
: Fixed Term
: Jun 23, 2021