Shah Rukh Khan Son: A Mumbai court sent Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan’s 23-year-old son, Shah Rukh Khan, to three days in prison on Monday, a lawyer said after he was arrested in a drug investigation that has affected media outlets. India.
Aryan Khan was arrested Saturday night after police raided a boat off Mumbai and found narcotics, local media said. The court fired Khan and two other people detained at the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), the federal agency investigating the case.
A spokesperson for Shah Rukh Khan did not respond to requests for comment. Calls to the NCB went unanswered outside of normal business hours.
“They have been charged with drug use, but there is no evidence,” said Advait Tamhankar, a lawyer who appeared in the courtroom for one of the other two defendants. 4,444 television cameras showed a crowd of reporters and police around Aryan Khan as they put him in a vehicle at the end of the hearing. He is scheduled to return to court on October 7.
Many high profile Indian actors and television personalities have been under surveillance by narcotics officials since last year. Several prominent actresses were interviewed by the NZB in September 2020, without being clear how the investigation was progressing.
Some Bollywood personalities have defended Aryan Khan and criticized the opinion of the media about his arrest.
“The smallest offense runs the risk of being overly exaggerated,” film producer Pritish Nandy said on Twitter on Sunday. “Children make mistakes. Be sure to punish him if the evidence confirms his guilt. But let’s not crucify him in the media.”
Here are Shah Rukh Khan Son’s 10 arguments in court:
1. The confrontation cannot be grounds for detention.
2. There are a number of conversations between Pratik Gaba and me, but they are not related to a rave party, they are investigating a rave party.
3. I have no connection with the organizers, Arbaaz is a friend, but I have no connection with his activities.
4. According to what they found on my cell phone, I was arrested.
5. Why is a custody questioning necessary? You could have faced me today.
6. Detained persons can also be confronted if necessary.
7. Nothing was done for me.
8. You haven’t faced me in two nights. I have no complaints why I won’t be working with them.
9. Yesterday after he was arrested (Achit Kumar), he was confronted with Aryan Khan and Arbaaz Merchant. NCB is well equipped, it has more than 100 officers.
10. How long does it take to download the chats? Tomtomming from the rooftops doesn’t make it a conspiracy. The chats (with Achit Kumar) are about soccer and soccer